Orchard Ripe - Set of 3 Beeswax Wraps
Crunchy heritage apples and sour-sweet lemons feature in this delicious fruity trio. Tree-ripened fruit always has the best flavour, and make the perfect theme for our beeswax wraps, which are ideal for keeping your fruit fresh and crisp once it's in your kitchen.
- Large wrap: 33cm by 33cm. Perfect for 1kg blocks of cheese, larger veg like half a pumpkin and large or double sandwiches.
- Medium wrap: 26cm by 33cm. Ideal for standard sandwiches, bowls, smaller blocks of cheese and cut fruit
- Small wrap: 18cm by 22cm (Great for snack sized foods, soft cheeses, small bits and pieces, this one always comes in handy!)
Feel free to be creative and think of fun ideas! Some people use LilyBee for gift wrapping, flowers, making origami snack bags and so much more.
Pack Contains: one large, medium, and small LilyBee Wrap
LilyBee Wrap is a natural, reusable and beautiful alternative to plastic wrap for food storage. Made from cotton infused with our beeswax solution, it makes for an easy and fun step towards turning your good intentions into actions. Simply use the warmth of your hands to activate the watertight seal, and wrap bowls, sandwiches and much more, keeping food fresh in the fridge and on the go. Great for in the fridge and out. Easy to clean. Wash with cool water and detergent then use again and again. Our longlife guarantee gives you assurance your LilyBee will stand the test of time – 365 uses to be exact! Once it comes to the end of its life, simply add it to your home compost, or use as a natural firestarter.
All LilyBee Wraps are limited edition, if you love what you see be quick! Don't miss out.
Good Things To Know
Just four: Cotton fabric, beeswax, coconut oil and tree resin.
Pure cotton fabrics are chosen for their quality and beautiful designs. Pure New Zealand beeswax is sourced from ethical beekeeping friends who we built relationships with during our 15 years as beekeepers.
Coconut oil is sourced from our neighbouring Pacific Island communities and refined here in New Zealand, and natural tree resin is also Pacific sourced.
Choose Your Packaging
We love reducing waste wherever we can, and not just plastic. Your wraps can be individually banded, but if you’re buying just for yourself, you’re probably going to only read one of them, right?
On the other hand, if you're buying for gifts, you might want them to be individually banded.
You are also welcome to choose the cardboard box option, although these are mainly included here for our retailers.
Select how you want your wraps packaged, and help us save a few trees.
How To Use Your Lilybee Wrap
LilyBee Wrap is a natural, reusable and beautiful alternative to plastic wrap for food storage.
Cover bowls, wrap sandwiches and and much more, using the warmth of your hands to press the wrap or bag to seal, keeping food fresh in the fridge and on the go. Great for in the fridge and out.
Lilybee make great gifts - thoughtful, stylish, eco-friendly, and economical to post.
How To Care For Your LilyBee Wrap
- Wash with cool water and mild dish detergent after every use, and rinse well with cool water.
- Air dry on a dish rack or hang in the shade, then roll up to store in a jar or lay flat in a drawer
- Keep away from all heat including direct sunlight, hot water, the dishwasher and microwave!
With this simple care your wrap should easily last a year or more.
What Food Can I Use My Wraps On?
Actually it's much easer to define what NOT to use them for: raw meat. Meat juices need to be cleaned with hot water, and since the wraps can only be cleaned with cool water, we do not recommend this.
Wraps are wonderful for keeping half onions fresh, but the onion can leave a distinct odour, so we recommend keeping a specific wrap for this.
Will My Food Stay Fresh?
Yes! Beeswax Wraps provide moisture retaining protection that stops food drying out, but are also breathable, which prevents foods becoming soggy. Your food will retain both flavour and texture for much longer.
The wrap acts much like the skin of a fruit, which explains why fruits and vegetables stay so much fresher for longer in a wrap than in plastic or other packaging.
Can I Use Beeswax Wraps In The Freezer?
While the wraps themselves do just fine in the freezer, they should only be used for very short-term freezer storage.
This is because the wraps are breathable, which means over time food stored in them could become freezer-burnt.
Better to keep your wraps for fridge storage.
Used And Loved Your Wrap Until The End Of Its Life?
When your beeswax wrap is finally worn out, you have have a few options!
- If the cotton fabric is still intact and you adore your design, you can refresh your wrap with new wax solution yourself at home. Our wax blocks contain our LilyBee secret solution. See more here.
- Use your end of life LilyBee as a natural firelighter! Use it in fireplaces or in the bbq for a natural and easy way to start a fire. Don't have a fireplace? Gift your wraps to someone who does!
- All our wraps are 100% compostable, so add your end of life wrap to your home compost with your other organic waste to watch it break down.
We ship worldwide from our home in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand.
Please allow 2-3 days working days for us to pack your order pre-shipping. We aim to get your order out as soon as possible.
Delivery within New Zealand is generally 2-3 days urban once shipped, with rural around 5 days.
For our international customers we offer NZ Post and DHL services. International delivery varies depending on destination and service, from 3 working days to around 3 weeks.